Now that the surge of HECM-to-HECM refinances is behind us here are 11 practical ways to grow your business even in a challenging market.Continue reading
Knowing HECM-to-HECM refinances will eventually fade, here are 11 practical ways to grow your business in any market.
- Review all previous leads that were short to close. See if they may qualify with today’s low interest rates.
- Find every potential borrower lead written down on a scrap of paper, Post-It-Note, or business card and input it into your CRM. If you don’t have a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM), check out our Sales Engine CRM made for reverse mortgage professionals.
- Isolate and find your top 50 professional contacts. Now divide them up to contact each on every 6 weeks. You can schedule this on your calendar or CRM.
- Check-in with your top 50 professionals by making at least eight phone calls a week. Keep it casual, informal, and fun- the point is to make positive contact.
- Schedule at least one meeting with a professional in your market each week. It could be a quick cup of coffee, lunch, or grabbing a beer. The point is to build a relationship or keep one strong.
- Contact your local newspaper and offer to write a column about reverse mortgages, aging in place, or the challenges facing retirees.
- Time-block recurring times each week for outbound sales calls. If it’s on your calendar it will happen.
- Consider scheduling follow-up calls with every applicant on Tuesdays and Fridays. Call them even if there are no new developments. Regular communication helps avoid unnecessary stress for your applicants and possible cancelations.
- Find one inspirational book to read. Schedule two nights a week to complete.
- Find one inspirational fellow reverse mortgage professional. Ask them if you could speak once each week. Give encouragement, perspective, and ideas to each other. Avoid the trap of complaining.
- Join your local chamber of commerce, a leads group, or your local financial professionals’ group. Be a friend, helper, and fellow professional. Don’t ask for leads first. Show your value and build a relationship.
Conscious eldering is an opportunity to view our closing chapters as those in many indigenous cultures do: as a time of harvest, when the joy and wisdom of a lifetime can be translated into service and meaning for family and community.Continue reading
[vimeo id=”114925714″ width=”625″ height=”352″]
Seizing the Holiday Season for Business Planning & Growth
[CORRECTION]: The Financial Assessment goes into effect March 2nd, 2015, not the 15th as I erroneously mentioned in the video]
It’s the season of winter cheer, eggnog, ridiculously big meals, gifts and unfortunately the business Grinch. The Business Grinch appears every December attempting to steal our productivity, well intentioned plans and goals for the coming year. What are some ways you can prepare to avoid the business grinch? Let’s look at a few ways to better prepare and maximize this season.
1- Projects. Begin by making a master list of the projects you wish to accomplish this year. Break them down into smaller action steps and then
2- Time block your calendar. Time block the days and times you will dedicate to your project actions. Also time block out recurring activities that are the backbone of your business such as outbound lead calls, follow up, professional networking, conferences and more.
3- Reexamine your marketing plan. We should anticipate a rush of new applicants in January and February in anticipation of the Financial Assessment which goes into effect March 15th. The question is what happens after? Here is where you will need to…
Download the video transcript for this episode here.
Looking for more reverse mortgage tools, training & technology? Visit ReverseFocus.com today.