Pssst … how much TV do you watch every day? Sure, you could be using the time to plan tomorrow’s calls, dive into a good book, or envision where you’d like your life to be this time next year, but you closed a major deal today and you’re entitled to a little mindless relaxation, right?
Actually, yes. While an occasional evening such as the one just described is akin to the occasional chocolate binge, it’s what you do all the time that creates your life. Many indulgences are OK, or even beneficial, in moderation — think of all the positive press dark chocolate has garnered in recent years — but as a daily diet, not so much. And when it comes to your reverse mortgage business, it’s the small choices that add up to results, or not.
This infographic demonstrates how successful people make 17 daily decisions differently than unsuccessful people, and shows how these tiny tweaks signal an overall life outcome. Consider whether you tend to:
- Feel grateful … or entitled?
- Compliment … or criticize?
- Forgive … or hold a grudge?
- Share the credit for business achievements … or horde it?
- Accept responsibility … or lay blame for failures?
- Read every day … or watch television every day?
- Keep a journal … or say you keep a journal but don’t really?
- Embrace change … or fear change?
- Share information … or horde it?
- Exude joy … or exude anger?
- Continually sharpen your skills … or assume you know it all?
- Set goals and life plans … or fly by the seat of your pants?
While everyone needs and deserves a little time out of mind, munching chocolate (or your treat of choice) in front of a sitcom, making these “left side” choices most of the time will green-light your life and help elevate your reverse mortgage business into the success zone. And that’s bound to be delicious.