Being grateful is always in season, though never more so than now, when we celebrate the spirit of community during Thanksgiving.
As reverse mortgage professionals, there are numerous creative ways to gift your clients at Thanksgiving. Here are five ideas that show your reverse mortgage clients — indeed, all the mature adults with whom you come into contact — that you’re thankful for the privilege of serving them:
- Volunteer. Community service is a blessing year-round, and especially welcome during the holidays, when extra hands and attentive ears are greatly valued. Your local senior center, or any community group that caters to older adults, will be grateful for the time you can devote to their members.
- Send a greeting. Why get lost in the Christmas card avalanche? Endear yourself to people who may not receive much mail by sending Thanksgiving cards instead. In addition to sending greeting cards to your current clients and prospects, greeting cards can open a dialogue with people who’ve previously expressed interest in a reverse mortgage.
- Throw a party. A holiday open house is a delightful way to show appreciation for your reverse mortgage clients, potential clients, referral resources and friends. Make it festive (of course!) and if possible, hold it during daylight hours, when many seniors prefer to drive — especially in winter.
- Collaborate. Arrange meetings with your local CPAs, as well as financial and tax advisors who serve the senior market, to see whether a reverse mortgage could be a useful way for their more affluent clients to reduce their tax liability for 2012.
- Reconnect. Contact existing clients to schedule a follow-up chat, in person or by phone, to see how they’re faring and who else they know that might benefit from the gift of more secure financial footing that a reverse mortgage can bring.
That’s the holiday spirit! Please pass the cranberry sauce …