We are not merely ‘educators’. We are sales professionals and as such should know how to better communicate with potential borrowers. Here are six phrases that will help you ethically persuade others.
- “Have you ever made an exception?”
- “If I were in your position I’d feel the same way.”
- “If you decide not to get a reverse mortgage today how will you know a year from now that you made the right choice?”
- Use the person’s name
- Ask a series of questions that will get a ‘yes’ response
- Follow the request with a reason “because…”.